Allan’s 19th Hole Cuisine: Famous Course Recipes
This recipe comes from Chef Tyler Dudley of the Daniel Island Club. The Daniel Island Club is home to Beresford Creek and Ralston Creek courses.
They were designed by Tom Fazio and Rees Jones respectively. Both nationally ranked courses are located 17 miles north of downtown Charleston on the Nowell Creek.
This easy appetizer adds a bit of elegance to your golf watch party. The combination of citrus, fresh herbs and pepper with tangy goat cheese will make you and your guests feel like you all are at the exclusive and beautiful South Carolina club house.
This would be a great starter for your South Carolina feast of crab cakes and shrimps and grits. Don’t forget a famous Charleston Porch Poundin’ cocktail inspired by a golf great’s favorite- I know you’ve already been adding a splash of vodka to your Arnold Palmers- but now you have a name for it, The Arnold Palmero.
Fennel and Black Pepper Goat Cheese
Daniel Island Club in Charleston, South Carolina
From Executive Chef Tyler Dudley
- 16 ounces soft goat cheese
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbs fennel seeds, finely Crushed
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Place softened goat cheese, tarragon, fennel seeds and lemon zest in bowl.
- Can be spread on toast points, piped on cracker or molded into a cheese ball showstopper for a cheese plate.
- Good with crackers, toast points, pita chips or bagel chips.
Originally Published in Golf a la Carte: Recipes from America’s Finest Clubs. Editors- James Y Bartett and D.G. Stern. Publisher- Yeomen House, 2008. Get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975467638/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1